We made it through CES this year, without getting too distracted by all the gadgets and gizmos. This year, CES really was a gadget show, introducing brand-new technology for the house, car, body, flying drones, and whiz-bang new high-res TVs. Intel’s CEO believes that we are at the forefront of a multiyear technology boom, similar to the time right before the Internet boom. There was a great deal of raw new technology, such as the 3D cameras and biometric technology in Intel’s demo, which will find its way into new applications and products over the next couple of years. The two most over-represented product categories at the show seemed to be wearables and Internet-of-Things gadgets.
1. INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT): CARS, AND SMART HOMES
2. 3D TECH MAY FINALLY BE HERE
3. WEARABLES, WEARABLES EVERYWHERE
4. AUGMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITY: GETTING THE BUGS OUT
5. SLING AND THE CABLE WARS
6. SEND IN THE DRONES
7. COOL STARTUPS
8. TECH HAS LIMITATIONS, THOUGH …
9. … BUT WILL ALSO BRING REAL BENEFITS
10. FINALLY, THERE IS NO DOUBT WE ARE IN THE AGE OF MACHINE LEARNING AND CONNECTED EVERYTHING.