Five KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Cybersecurity is top of mind among retailers, which are devoting a growing portion of their IT budgets to reducing cybercrime risks—both internally and externally
- ·Omnichannel is still nirvana; consumers want limitless optionality when they shop. Yet, even now, most retailers are still wedded to a silo-ed multichannel business model. Attribution analysis by channel is so 1999!
- Gamification—or make shopping fun and entertain me—is the key to your customers’ heart and wallet.
- Magic mirrors are fun and functional; what an idea! They were the must-see (and have) new retail technology at this year’s NRF.
- Radio frequency identification (RFID) allows retailers to track merchandise through the supply chain and shoppers through the store. We are in the early innings of applying this technology.